PNC Business Analytics Specialist in Cleveland, Ohio
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100577 Business Analytics Specialist
Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and applications for a business function or business unit.
Recommending appropriate performance measures to be produced including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
Analyzing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
Providing business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings from, data processing, and data analysis.
Consulting on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools and data marts.
OH - Cleveland
Business Analytics Specialist
Line of Business:
OH001 - PNC Center - Cleveland
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
OH - Cleveland
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Specialist within PNC's Asset Liability Management Group (ALM) , you will be based at PNC Center in downtown, Cleveland, Ohio.
The Asset Liability Management (ALM) Group is responsible for understanding and managing the firm’s balance sheet risks and for managing PNC's investment securities portfolio. The Balance Sheet Analytics Group is responsible for understanding the value and the interest rate risk of the entire balance sheet.
In this entry level analyst role, your responsibilities will include: Develop an accurate representation of parts the firm’s balance sheet. This task would involve using ALM modeling software extensively to ensure different components of the balance sheet are loaded, represented, and modeled appropriately. Help build and maintain data processes which support daily risk analytics. Perform detailed analysis of various scenarios to ensure accurate and consistent behavior of the balance sheet. Economic Value of Equity (EVE) and Duration of Equity processes will be utilized. This position will also require occasional travel (5%) to PNC's offices in Pittsburgh and New York.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to senior level management by presenting information as well as a great opportunity for future career growth with a strong company and large Business Analytics Group.
Bachelor's degree required; concentration in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics or relevant experience in financial services industry preferred.
Very strong analytical skills.
Keen ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex ideas in an organized and articulate manner.
Confident, energetic and enthusiastic for the mission of the firm, with a high level of integrity.
Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive.
High proficiency in MS Office Suite.
SQL and SAS experience strongly preferred.
Programing skills (Java, C++, etc.) preferred.
Data Mining – Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices in data mining technologies used to acquire essential business information.